In this class, we will look at upcycling and recycling used picture frames.
The picture frames initially housed my art prints. However, the perspex/plexiglass had become scratched and a bit worn.
So I removed the print and matboard and turned the background into a mixed media beach scene.
For this project, I will show you:
- how to mask off the area
- how to apply the texture paste
- how to add and blend the colours
- and how to seal the board
- how to add the embellishments
I will also show you different options for the design layout. Plus, I will share my thought processes and how I work through any issues.
By the end of the class, you should understand how to create the background texture and how to colour it. Plus, what to do to fix any issues.
The supply list below is just a guide; you can substitute any of the products listed for your materials. I encourage you to use any products that you already have to hand.
- Multipurpose Filler - Alternative Product: https://amzn.to/2FBLAlW
- Wall Scraper or Putty Knife: https://amzn.to/3nO8D13
- Acrylic Paint: https://amzn.to/2Rrd0my
- Craft Shells https://amzn.to/30qKgfy
- White Stones: https://amzn.to/3egFfgO
- Aquamarine Gemstones: https://bit.ly/suegemstones
- Pearl Beads: https://amzn.to/3cztj9d
- Glass Glitter: https://bit.ly/sueglassglitter
- Liquitex Gloss Gel Medium: https://amzn.to/3dDQkqh
* Note - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I realise that not everyone has access to the shops I have locally, so I have taken the time to find alternative products on Amazon and provide you with links. Please also note, I haven’t personally tried all of the product links due to location. However, I aim to help speed up your creative process by providing these links.
Introduction to recycling picture framesFREE PREVIEW
Preparing the background texture
Adding and blending the colours
Painting the backing board
Sealing the board
Embellishing the background
Bonus Video 1
Bonus Video 2
How long do I get access to the course?
This course comes with lifetime access. Once you have enrolled, you can view the course at any time.
Am I charged an ongoing monthly payment?
No, you only have to pay for this class once, and you will have a lifetime of access.
I am new to resin, will I be able to complete this class?
Yes, if you follow the instructions, you should have no difficulties completing your own resin table.
Do I need to have all of the materials listed?
No, you can swap any materials with any other products you have to hand.
Is there an online community?
Yes, we have created a private Facebook group, Sue's Creative Circle. Once you have enrolled in this course, pop on over to Facebook and ask to join the group. Here you can share your creations and chat with like-minded individuals.
What is your refund policy?
Unfortunately, we do not offer refunds for individual classes. If you have any questions, please contact me before enrolling on the course.